RFID with rs232 arduino shield | Arduino Compatible Compiler for LabVIEW Discussions | Forum

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
RFID with rs232 arduino shield
November 4, 2016
10:51 pm
jarb
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

rs232.JPGImage Enlargerserial-tsxperts.PNGImage EnlargerHi everyone, 

Well I'm working on an RFID system that uses RX and Tx to communicate, I bought a RS232 shield for it and install the arduino compiler for labview. My question is, is it possible to set pins 6 and 7 as the Rx and Tx pins? The shield that I have, has jumpers that you can use to physically set the pins for the Rx and Tx. What I want the system to do is to basically read a few RFID tags and then set parameters to activate an alarm system or buzzer when the tags are read by the reader. So you can say it would be similar to a security system in a grocery store or any store. After I compile this code, I want to be able to power up the arduino board via a power outlet and have the security system be active. The reader has a command data block, to initialize the reader. I was trying the code you guys provide serial monitoring gui- arduino target.vi. I compile the code and it works when I open the sirial monitor on labview. Now I would like to integrate the two pins into this code. 

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
November 5, 2016
11:39 pm
Steffan
Admin
Forum Posts: 408

I think you should be using MTX and MRX on this shield.  Those should be wired to the hardware serial port of the Uno, which is on pins 0 and 1, and this is what the Serial VIs use in the Arduino Compatible Compiler for LabVIEW.  To specify different serial pins you would have to use a Software Serial library, which a few people have written plugins for the ACC4LV on this forum.  But you would definitely want to use the hardware peripheral if you can for an application like this.

November 8, 2016
1:53 am
jarb
Members

Ok so I figure out what I should do. The only problem that I'm having is inputting the CRC code that the manufacturer provides into the labview code. I try putting the C code in a formula node but I get this error.error.pngImage Enlarger

November 8, 2016
1:58 am
Steffan
Admin

You cannot use Formula Nodes with the Compiler.  

November 8, 2016
2:09 am
jarb
Members

Ok, that is good to know. So I would have to convert that CRC code into labviews visual code in order to simulate the same thing that the C code is doing right. I could build something like this CRC code and integrated into my current labview code?

crc.JPGImage Enlarger

November 8, 2016
6:30 pm
Steffan
Admin

Yes, that is one way to do it.  Another option is to wrap a LabVIEW API around the C code if you have it already and create a plugin to the ACC4LV.  There are instructions how to do this in the help manual section titled "Porting an Arduino Library to LabVIEW".  

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 100
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
miche91: 33
scottj: 28
scadao: 23
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5