New arduino curie - 2016 | Arduino Compatible Compiler for LabVIEW Discussions | Forum

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New arduino curie - 2016
October 30, 2015
5:45 pm
wegunterjr
Members
Forum Posts: 23
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

What does the development on the new Arduino look like for the Arduino Compiler?

http://www.allaboutcircuits.co.....266722173/

October 30, 2015
5:53 pm
filipealtoe
Admin
Forum Posts: 98

Since this specific Arduino board you are referring to will use an Intel processor, the compiler as is most likely won't work without modifications. Obviously, I would need to get my hands on a board to try it out and know for sure. The Intel Galileo for example can be programmed with the Arduino IDE, but the compiler doesn't work as is. The issue is that the underlying function set for the Galileo is much different than the one supported by the Atmel micro used on the Arduino boards; so it would require a full overhaul of the compiler, almost to the tune of becoming a separate product altogether.

Cheers
Filipe

October 30, 2015
6:12 pm
wegunterjr
Members
Forum Posts: 23

Yikes.  Well, if the curie is the SoC that it says it will be ( motion sensor, Bluetooth radio, and a long-lasting batteries), and you guys are willing to do the work to connect it to the LabVIEW environment, I would totally pay for a separate license.  Just re-watched the demo of the Arudino and the Raspberry Pi Compiler with the VI running on the RaspberryPi and my mind is going crazy!!!  Can't wait for the RaspberryPi compiler. Keep up the good work.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 100
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
miche91: 33
scottj: 28
scadao: 23
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 5